How to submit a proposal
The annual call calendar is the following :
- Opening date : mid October 2020
- Deadline : 16 November 2020 at 23h59 GMT
For IBA experiments, there is also the possibility to apply by submitting pump-priming proposals to the platform (please contact the platform).
How to submit your proposal
You can submit a proposal during the opening of the call (usually October, each year).
Please create your account or log in first (see the EMIR&A User Space on top right).
All the eligibility conditions, recommendations for writing proposals as well as the scoring method used by the reviewers are available here (soon).
Help to submit a proposal is provided on this page.
We recall some essential points below :
1. The applicant must contact the local contact(s) of the platform where he/she wishes to carry out his/her experiment in order to study with him/her : the feasibility and the originality of the experiment, the advisability or not of using the specific equipment integrated in the EMIR&A network, the number of days of experience to devote to it (the number of days per project is usually limited to 5 days. Projects requiring more days of experience must be the subject of a specific argument validated by the person in charge of the platform)
2. He/she then completes the online form which will be reviewed by reviewers and the international scientific committee (one session per year). Access to the online form requires having opened an account on the web site, which can be accessed during the first project submission, then to identify yourself
3. After the experiment has been carried out, and whatever the outcome, the applicant is required to submit back online a brief report on its progress, a summary of the results obtained and any difficulties encountered. Please note that no new project from an applicant who has not provided a report will be accepted.
4. For any publication or presentation related to experiments carried out via EMIR&A, it is requested to add the acknowledgment "The authors acknowledge support from the EMIR&A French network (FR CNRS 3618) on the platform XXX" where "XXX" is the platform used.
For IBA proposals, see the specific procedure in your User’s space
Volunteer to be a referee and help the EMIR&A community grow ! Create your account (user space top right) and click on « apply as a reviewer »