| Register |
Home > Request beam time
Request beam time
How to submit an experiment proposal?
- Log in or Register (for new users)
- Read this page carefully.
- Download the submission form (available in .docx format, see below)
- Check with the EMIR site responsibles if the experiment is feasible http://emir.in2p3.fr/-Contacts-.
- Complete it (in English) and upload it on the website (you will need to log in) in a ".pdf" format (this file can be replaced by a new one until the end of the session, the last file uploaded at the deadline will be your proposal
- You will have to submit it before November 18, 2016 (11:59 pm GMT+1).
- You can check your file in your EMIR user space.
- you can edit and/or delete your proposal until the deadline, at this date the file uploaded in your EMIR user space will be automatically your official proposal.
- Once it is uploaded, please wait until it is reviewed by the EMIR Program Advisory Board.
- Please be aware that all proposals related to projects funded by EUROfusion, asking for JANNuS-Orsay or/and Saclay ion beam time, will not be taken anymore into consideration by EMIR scientific selection. An internal EUROfusion selection will take place.
- Complete only one form by project even if the request is for multiple sites.
Proposal Rating :
How to read the result of the evaluation
3 letters are used to rank the proposals : A, B and C.
- A : your Proposal is recommended in priority.
The experiment is accepted and will be scheduled by the platform(s)
- B : your Proposal is recommended if the time is available.
The experiment is scientifically attractive but not in priority. In this case you can :
Submit your proposal for the next call,
Get a time if a proposal rank in A is canceled,
Or contact the platform and negotiate to find a solution (to get a grant time for example).
- C : your proposal is unsupported: scientifically and/or technically invalid.
EMIR submission form 2017
For Mac (.page) - For PC (.docx) - PDF version